Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 96 - Pizza and Brownies

To soothe our sorrows over the Seahawk loss, Charlie and I over indulged in homemade pizza and brownies.  My friend Tracy joined me for yoga and then came over for dinner.  Ordinarily, I would have chosen either wine or dessert.  But since we had company, I decided to have both!  Sorry Tracy, I shouldn't pin my lack of self-control on your visit! 

Seriously though, I don't know what it is going to take to get my eating under control.  My fitness level has significantly improved from the beginning of this blogging journey, but my diet remains roughly the same.  To be in the physical shape necessary to confidently climb Mt. Rainier, I need to have both my diet and exercise working for me.

I was excessively sore during yoga today.  My muscles were CRAZY tight from yesterday's run and I was shaking and sweating through each pose.  I think the stretching component of yoga will be a beneficial component in keeping me injury free as the marathon training progresses.  

Classes are cancelled in honor of MLK day, so I am going to try to make it to Pilates in the morning.  Keep your fingers crossed that the awful fill-in fitness instructor isn't there to ruin my life like she was last Monday.

My chipped finger and toenails are driving me insane, so I must sign off so I can put polish on.  Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment