Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 109 - Whip My Hair...

Although I don't have class on Friday, this was not a day I could sleep in.  I had to be at Rogers High School bright and early to teach Street Law during first period.  I was assigned to a new classroom, so it was fun to get to know the new kids.  It was a much more talkative group and they seemed genuinely excited that we were there.  It makes the hour go by SOOOOO much faster if the class is engaged.  There were a couple little buggers who drove me up the wall, but I won't let them spoil an over all great class.  Have a mentioned before that I am not real patient with kids???  Yeah, I'm working on it.

After Street Law, I went to the library to burn Cd's for Objection and to catch up on some reading (HOW AM I BEHIND IN WEEK 3?!?!?!).  Then it was off to lunch with a couple of my law school favorites.  It is so nice to be around people who allow you to be Y.O.U.  Around the law building, everyone seems to put up a front of arrogance and superior intellect (whether true or not).  It's hard to let your guard down around people who always try to engage you in competition.  That's why I cherish a couple of my close friends and enjoy the time we spend de-stressing together (Shout out to the Ladies, this needs to become a weekly routine).

I only had a few minutes to say hello to the hubs and change before I had to hustle down to Objection practice.  I taught the closing number and it went fabulously.  The girls worked hard and we were able to get out of there sooner than expected (not the norm for Objection).  Well, everyone else got out of there.  I had to stick around and teach a Zumba class.  I've never taught a full Zumba class and it's been ages since I taught it with a friend.  That said, I was PRAYING that nobody would show up.  They did.

I haven't experienced too many truly humbling moments in my life, but teaching a fitness class to a room full of girls with 6 packs is now definitely one of them.  The skinny little shits showed up for class, so I was going to make them pay.  I may have some extra meat on my bones, but I'll be damned if I was going let them get away with thinking they'd get an easy class out of the fat girl.  Oh NO!  Their cute little behinds were worked until we were all drenched in sweat.  I may not be able to walk tomorrow, but mission accomplished.  Work out complete.  After a glass of wine in the bath tub, I was ready to call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment