Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 107 - Surprise!!!

owe Owe OWE!!!  After a TERRIBLY long day of studying, meetings and class, I was really looking forward to unwinding in my very Zen Wednesday night Piyo class.  It wasn't until I saw pilates instructor Carol walking up the stairs to the fitness room that I remembered that Jaci, the usual instructor, was going to a concert and was getting a sub.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Carol.  When I could take her 8 AM Pilates classes, I was feeling so strong and could see a difference in my body.  Now I have Conflicts of Law at 8 AM.  No pilates for me. : (  Or so I thought.  Carol chose not to teach Piyo tonight, but instead did a full on Pilates with weights class.  The others who were expecting our sweet little Jaci and her soothing voice leading as through a series of challenging but relaxing poses in a dimly lit room got a rude wake up call.  Unfortunately, my good friend Tracy was one of those people.  I had convinced her to come do Piyo on her day off, but instead we were put through the workout of our lives.  I'm already sore, so I can only imagine what tomorrow will be like.

I got new running shoes in the mail today and I had hoped to give them a whirl on the treadmill after piyo.  That didn't happen.  I'm excited to try them tomorrow on a 4 mile run.  I also tried a new recipe tonight for baked buffalo chicken strips.  They actually turned out pretty darn well!  A healthy option that tastes good?!  We'll definitely be trying this one again.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day.  I'm donating blood in the morning...  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment