Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 104 - Failure

When I woke this morning, I was fully committed to this being day 1 of my new gluten free life style.  I've been feeling low and over all gross for a while and have heard that some who cut out gluten see an amazing increase in their energy levels.  I had oatmeal and berries for breakfast and grapes and cheese for lunch.  2/3 of the day's meals were successfully gluten free!  Then 4:30 hit and I would have rather crashed my car into a telephone poll than to go another minute with out a saltine cracker.  I had a package of 2 crackers in my purse that came with my cheese and grape cup, and I'll be damned if every pore of my body wasn't proclaiming "EAT THE CRACKERS!"  So I did.  Plus some peanuts, a scoop of peanut butter, some chocolate chips, a handful of craisins and 5 or 6 mini pretzels.  All this was in addition to a small steak and potato for dinner.  This is precisely why I can't diet.  I just wind up binge eating everything in sight.
My happy place... the yoga mat.

I'm back to the original game plan.  Make exercise the priority and make smart choices about what I put into my body.  That said, I pushed myself in yoga to the point that I was afraid I was going to fall over from exhaustion and then put in 3 miles on the treadmill.  Go me!  Good night.

1 comment:

  1. I just want you to know I stalked your blog all weekend and was sad because you didn't post anything until yesterday - I think I'm addicted to it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete