Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 89 - Oh yoga

I finally felt healthy enough to attempt some serious cardio today after this week of cold, sniffles and coughing.  That said, the three miles I ran on the treadmill were rough.  The poor people around me probably rushed home to down mugs of Airborne and EmergenC because I was hacking and coughing the whole way.  Although my energy level is back up to normal, I am clearly still having a few respiratory issues. 

After the run, I hightailed it upstairs for Yoga.  The Sunday yoga class is an hour and 15 minutes long and those extra 15 minutes certainly make a difference.  Having just finished running, I was a little fatigued when class started.  By the time it was over, I was dead.  We had the option to push up into a bridge position towards the end of class, but ultimately decided to stick with the easier option after my arms gave out and I fell on my head.  Did I mention I was in the front row?  Awesome.  Fortunately, most people were doing the exercise properly and were upside down facing the back of the room.

In addition to time at the gym, I finished another book, made a Costco run with the hubs, FINALLY got rid of our x-mas tree and made a roast with fruit salad and broccoli for dinner.

Tomorrow is my last day of vacation.  Sad.  I've got to do some reading to be prepared for class on Tuesday, but other than that I hope to exercise, fill the fridge with healthy grab and go lunch options and then watch hour after hour of trashy reality TV until it's time for bed.  Hope you have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment