Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 90 - Pilates Let Down

After rolling out of bed just in time to make it to pilates, I was completely let down to find the the regular wonderful instructor was out sick and the world's most obnoxious fitness instructor was filling in. Yeah, I walked out before she could make eye contact and guilt me into staying.

Instead of heading home, I summoned my stick-to-it strength and did two sets of the old circuit weight routine that got me in NFL Cheerleader shape. Generally, it consists of 45 seconds of work with a 15 second transition to the next exercise. I alternate working my upper and lower body with a set of abs in between. I used to be able to plow through 3 full sets, so I'll have to work back up to that level. For now, I can take pride in the fact that I'll definitely be sore tomorrow.

I also went to have lunch with my friend Haley from school. I love that she wholly accepts me as I am (good days and bad) and that she didn't look at me like I was nuts for wanting a margarita at 11:30am on a Monday. If that's not true friendship, I don't know what is.

The rest of the day has been spent exactly how the last day of any vacation should... on the couch. School starts again tomorrow. Wish me luck! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment