Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 83 - Getting Better

Today was more productive than yesterday, but I still didn't do much worth noting.  I got a fantastic massage (one of my x-mas gifts), but was basically told that I would need serious work to get the knots out of my back.  God bless the gal for trying, but I inherited my mother's shoulders.  Even with her digging her elbow into my shoulder blades with all her weight, I'm afraid she barely made a difference.  I felt more calm and at peace, but I'm a long ways away from my muscles relaxing.

After the massage, I was fortunate to get an eye appointment for get new glasses and contacts.  Apparently, my eyes have gone from bad to worse.  I had no idea how poorly I had been seeing until I got an updated prescription.  It was like seeing the world for the first time in HD!

I quickly stopped by the law school to confirm that I could add a class to my Spring schedule.  As it stands now, I should be set to graduate this December.  Sooo.... in 2011 I will climb a mountain, run a marathon, look fantastic and Maui and GRADUATE FROM LAW SCHOOL!!!  Whoo Hoo!!!

When I got home, I promptly passed out on the couch and woke up an hour later in a state of complete panic.  The sun had set and I had no idea if it was 6:40 AM or PM.  Thinking I had slept through the night, I ran to the bedroom to make sure Charlie had gotten up to go to work (we accidentally overslept this morning due to our iPhone alarms not going off).  Charlie was no where to be found (he was at class) and it took me turning on the tv to figure out what was going on.  Turns out it was PM.

I grabbed my yoga mat and set off for the gym.  I fully anticipated having to fight for a space with all the new gym going resolutioners, but I was pleasantly surprised the gym was no more busy than usual.  Yoga was hard, but it felt great.  I've gotten comfortable enough with the different poses we do regularly that I am now challenging myself to stretch further and work harder.

I hope those of you that went back to work today had as nice of a Monday as possible.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment