Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 137 - Sold!

This morning's Street Law lesson went remarkably well considering 2/3 of the class was absent.  I now understand the value of having a smaller student to teacher ratio, as students are much more likely to be working if you have time to check in with them every few minutes.  We asked them to give closing arguments concerning a fact pattern they developed through questioning witnesses and they did a fabulous job!  Way to go Rogers High!

After Street Law, I quickly ducked into the law school to freshen up for an interview.  It went... interestingly.  I made them laugh a few times and they seemed pretty interested in me for the first portion of the interview.  But when they got around to their sheet of questions, they couldn't have come across as more bored if they tried.  I even caught the guy looking out the window as I was answering one of his questions.  As if that wasn't bad enough, I then had to take a typing test.  Sweet.  As you can tell from the blog, I have a tendency to be a bit loose with the rules of the English Language.  Although I was taught a very formal and journalistic writing style as a PR major in undergrad and have done well in my legal writing courses, I don't enjoy the thought of someone double checking to see if I used the proper "there" or if I ended a sentence with a preposition.  I didn't plagiarise my cover letter.  What more of a writing sample do they need?  Anyway, I highly doubt I am going to be offered the job.  It would have been a prestigious place to list on my resume, but I just don't see myself working there.

After the interview, I had a little bit of time to relax before getting ready to go out to the GPILP (Gonzaga Public Interest Law Project?) Auction.  It is one of a few formal events at the law school each year, which gave Charlie and I an excuse to get dressed up on a Friday night.  The dinner was nice and we won 2 items.  We had a great time bidding up the price on a few items during the live auction and enjoying time with friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment