Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 113 - Yawn

I've had a serious love affair with my snooze button lately.  I've been getting up 30-45 minutes after my first alarm goes off.  Not today, however!  I got my booty out of bed and off to the gym before I could decide that I didn't really want to go.

After all the dancing I've done over the last few days, my leg muscles are pretty much shot.  BUT, I had yet to do my 5 mile long run from this weekend.  Well, I did 5 miles, but I'd be lying if I said I ran 5 miles.  To balance the need to walk, I ran sprints.  I used to love waking up and running in the morning a few years ago.  Then again, I used to wake up and jog on the beautiful beaches of San Diego.  There was nothing beautiful about the inside of my gym or the people around me.  I assume they too rolled out of bed, brushed their teeth and tied up their running shoes without looking in a mirror.  Not a pretty sight.

I thoroughly enjoyed my Constitutional Law class this morning.  I find civil rights FAR more interesting than Federal procedure.  I was alert and engaged through the entire 50 min.  The rest of the day???  Not so much.  I lost a lot of time and struggled to remain productive as my energy levels plummeted.  By the end of my dance classes, I felt downright depleted.  I was completely exhausted and still had two hours of Community Property to get through before I could call it a day.  Half way through the class, I started to feel nauseous.  Suffice it to say, I poured myself into bed the second I got home and didn't get back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment