Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 118 - Average Bowl

Was today's bowl Super?  I think not.  I could have cared less about the outcome.

In preparation for the several hours spent on the couch in a coma like trance, Charlie and I had a number of errands to run.  The upside to our jaunts across town is that it afforded me plenty of opportunity to move (as I once again did not go to the gym).  We are notorious for buying WAY more at Costco than what we have on our shopping list, so this time we figured we'd be smart and skip the cart.  Yay for more exercise!  Instead of buying less, we just got to carry more!  At least they were all legitimate purchases and not the red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting that Charlie so desperately had his heart set on.

I enjoyed that the game was close, but for the most part was uninterested.  By the end of football season, I can hardly tolerate the inane yammering of football announcers.  "If they're going to win, they're going to have to put some more points on the board."  Well no shit.  I can tolerate the friendly banter in the Fall, but come February I am ready to shove a sock in Michael Strahan's mouth.

I enjoyed the new Glee episode SIGNIFICANTLY more than the game, half time show or any of the commercials.  While the plot lines are wildly outrageous, I love the anti-bullying messages and FABULOUS music numbers.  Other than chocolate, Glee is about the only thing that is guaranteed to make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment