Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 120 - Ethics

I am a bad person.  I'd like to think that I am generally concerned about those around me and am out to protect their best interests, but apparently that's not the case.  Tonight in my community property class, I couldn't help but use the law we were learning to come up with a series of ways a person could screw their spouse out of a lot of money in a divorce. 

Fortunately for Charlie, a divorce is SOOOOO not an option.  BUT, it is scary what you can do with a little legal knowledge.  As I continue to learn to "think like a lawyer," I am finding that most lawyer jokes are not only spot on, but also deserved.  We have the capacity to do a lot of good for clients, but on far too many occasions the power is abused.

Today included a little of everything.  Law school class, dance class, homework, gym time, tv time, excessive snack time and then bed.  Excluding the fast and furious consumption of chips and cheese dip, this was a good day.  I put in 45 minutes on the rotating stair machine, so maybe we can call it a draw?  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment