Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 194 - Stains and Sniffles

Hiking yesterday was a bad choice.  I knew Friday that I wasn't feeling 100%, but I had hoped it was just allergies.  During yesterday's hike, I began to suspect that maybe I had a cold.  Today, it is obvious.  I AM SICK.

Charlie and I were up early dressed in our Easter finest to surprise my grandparents who were up visiting my mom.  We joined them for church and then headed back home for naps before company came over.  In the process, I somehow managed to get grease from the door of Charlie's jeep all over the front of my beautiful dress.  Because we are staying with Charlie's family this weekend in Gig Harbor, I only had a pair of ratty old sweats to wear the rest of the day.  Its a good thing my family and family friends are the "accept you as you are" type.

It was nice to have a chance to visit with everyone, but I was pretty miserable the entire time.  When the company left, I broke down in tears.  I don't get sick too often (knock on wood), but when I do I am a total baby.  This was no exception.  I had a great day with everyone, but I was exhausted and wanted to go to bed. Charlie drove us back to the Gig as I sneezed, sniffled and groaned the whole way.  Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment