Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 184 - Fire in the Oven

Yeah, we had a fire.  I volunteered to make cupcakes for my final Street Law class and the unit on the bottom of the oven caught on fire while it was preheating.  I turned off the oven, but a flame persisted and it started to shoot sparks.  I'm not electrician, but I can't imagine that's a good thing.  Upon direction of the husband, I flipped the circuit breaker for the kitchen appliances.  This put out the flame, but did not remedy the "I need 4 dozen cupcakes by the morning" situation. 

I am ashamed to admit that I didn't catch his name, but our apartment sent over an amazing repair man to put things back in working order.  He opened the oven and tapped the element, which caused the whole thing to shatter.  He wasted no time in getting a replacement element and installing it so I could get back to my baking.  By the time the cupcakes were finished, it was 10:00 and I still hadn't eaten dinner.  Needless to say, I didn't make it to the gym.  Maybe tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment