Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 185 - Love those guys!

WHAT A BUSY DAY!  Knowing that there would be little down time, I woke up early to go for a run.  That statement grossly under-represents the process that occurred.  I set my alarm last night for 5AM so I could be at the gym by 5:15.  When I actually got out of bed at 5:30, I didn't feel much like exercising.  I told myself that if it wasn't raining outside, I would go for a quick run.    I managed to get out of bed and look at the window.  For the first time in a long time, I prayed for rain.  No such luck.  The streets were bone dry.  I stood frozen between the window and my bed for a solid 2 minutes.  The devil on my left shoulder kept telling me that I need to rest up for finals and that Charlie will still love me if I'm fat.  The angel on my right shoulder shouted that if I didn't go for the run, I may die during my marathon or mountain climb.

The angel won and I was out the door.  I only ran 3 miles and it was bitterly cold outside, but I enjoyed every second of it.  I had regained admittance to a very exclusive club, the Before 6 Outdoor Exercisers.  I jogged past several other walkers, bikers and runners who like me, had abandoned the warmth and comfort of their beds to hit the pavement.  The sunrise was stunning, the air was fresh and the endorphins were flowing.

First on the to-do list today was Street Law.  The kids did a great job and seemed earnestly sad that this would be the last time we'd be together.  Plus, the cupcakes I made received rave reviews.  After Street Law, I went to the library to work on my LR&W contract for a few hours before meeting Charlie for lunch.  We took advantage of the delicious $5 menu at the Safari room in the Davenport Tower.  YUM!!!

Then it was back to the library until the Myra Bradwell Ceremony.  This is what I wore.  Cute, huh?!

 Myra is an awards ceremony during which the Women's Law Caucus recognizes a Gonzaga alum who has made significant contributions to women in the legal profession or general women and children's rights.   I had to leave the reception a little early to make it home in time for dinner.  Doug and Audrey were not only coming over, but they were cooking!!!  I had helped them move a few weeks ago, but they certainly outdid themselves.  They brought all the fixins for deluxe tacos and some DELICIOUS sangria.  Thanks guys!  We haven't enjoyed a homemade feast that amazing in... well, ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment