Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 20 - Not your Grandma's Pilates

So I have done Pilates-Relax at the dance studio and I tried Pi-Yo at the gym last week, but NOTHING could have prepared me for this morning's straight up intense Pilates class. The classes I've taken previously weren't easy, but they had nothing on this bad boy.

It was basically an hour of non-stop core work. We did every crunch, twist and leg lift known to man. It was the hardest workout I've had in a LONG time.  My muscles got so fatigued that I begged and pleaded with my legs to lift of the floor, but they just wouldn't budge.  Yet another reminder of how far I have fallen on the fitness ladder.

The icing on the cake was that after class, a bouncy brunette came up to me and said "I hope to see you on Wednesday, we do this same thing, but with weights!" I almost punched her in the face.

I'll give it another try, but I will not be using weights.  I will probably hide in the back so no one notices when I pass out.  I am working on convincing a friend to go with me.  Would you be sold based on this description?  I'm sure they're going to say yes.

The rest of my day was pretty much awful, but I survived it.  I'll spare you the sordid details and leave you with this riddle from a Laffy Taffy wrapper:
What's an Owl's favorite subject?

You'll have to tune in tomorrow to find out!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment