Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 30 - Glee

Glee music got me through this crazy day.  While studying, driving and during my run, the upbeat vocal stylings of the Glee cast kept me positive and Gleeful as I hurried to get everything done.  My current favs are Teenage Dream (WAY better than the Katy Perry version), River Deep Mountain High and the Start Me Up/Living on a Prayer mash-up.  If you're not a Gleek, you are missing out.

I only had one class to prepare for today (again, thank you evidence prof for some much needed time off!), but I did have a lot of last minute trial team stuff to finish.  Also, I intended to get a lot of work done on my brief after class.  Some work got done, but not nearly enough.  It is becoming VERY clear to me how I will be spending my nights next week.  Charlie's birthday is next weekend and I'd really like to be done with writing so I can celebrate properly with him and only have some minor editing left.  Even with the best of intentions, I have a feeling I will still be up all night Monday the 22nd scrambling to finish.  Fortunately, there is only one more semester of LRW.  Like my good pal Gloria Gaynor, I Will Survive.

Survival is the instinct that has taken over at this point.  If law school is a case of survival of the fittest, it's a good thing I'm getting my fat butt in shape!  I can already tell that my cardiovascular fitness has improved.  I ran with a local running club (the Flying Irish) several times this summer and joined them again tonight.  I seem to run a much faster pace when I run with a group, which usually renders me gasping for air and walking stretches of the route.  Not today!  I finished the 3.25 mile run with energy to spare!  Go Katie!  Go Katie! Go! Go! Go Katie!  When you are the cheerleader in your group of friends, sometimes you have to cheer for yourself.

Although I ran like the wind, I looked like a freak.  I sported my running tights (which perfectly accented that lovely lady lower belly pooch), a hot pink long sleeve shirt, a hot pink headband, a blue fleece and a head lamp.   Yes, I said a head lamp.  It was DARK by the time we started running and I was terribly afraid of twisting and ankle because I couldn't see where I was stepping.  I was prepared to be scoffed at, but I was one of many sporting this awesome forehead accessory.  In fact, I noticed some runners would run closer to me when we were on some of the darker stretches to share in my brilliance (speaking of course about both the light produced and my level of genius).

After my run, it was time to start packing.  I struggled to stay awake and eventually gave up and went to bed. At 9PM I couldn't keep my eyes open, but now at 3AM I am wide awake!  I am packed and ready to go (I hope), so I should really try to get back to sleep for a few more hours before the madness begins.  I'm going Zumba in the morning before heading out to an informational lunch meeting with a local law firm.  After that I've got to rush home, grab my bags, meet my teammates and head to the airport.  I'm not sure how much time there will be for exercise and blogging this weekend, but I'll do my best to keep you posted.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment