Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 40 - Brrr...

Although I could make several jokes about hell freezing over, I'll just say that winter has come to Spokanistan.  After hitting the snooze button a few times, I threw on my running tights and dug out a head band and gloves from my winter wear box.  I knew the forecast had called for temps in the 20's, so I was prepared for the cold.  What I wasn't prepared?  The snow.  About 3 minutes into my run, the snow started blowing in all directions.  I strongly considered turning around and heading to the gym, but there is no way that my thighs are ready to be seen in my running tights in close proximity by other gym patrons.
 
I finished a full 5 miles in just nuder 50 minutes, but it took me a good two hours after to feel comfortable again.  I was FREEZING.  I tried to slowly warm up so that it wouldn't be so painful when I hopped into the shower, but I apparently didn't wait long enough.  The water stung like crazy and then my skin itched for the next few hours.  I've got to invest in some cold weather long sleeve running tops if I'm going to continue running outside this winter.

The rest of the day was spent working on my brief and celebrating Charlie's 26th birthday.  We snuggled on the couch while watching the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe (GREAT movie), got an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen and had a reverse dinner (dessert first) with his brother.  Charlie is anti-birthdays, but I hope he had an OK day.  We're going to try to do something more exciting to celebrate later this week when our schedules settle down some. 

I know you aren't likely to read this, but Happy Birthday Hubs.  I am honored to have witnessed another year of your life and look forward to the many years to come.  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment