Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 47 - Working hard (or hardly working?)

I promptly got out of bed and hit the gym at 9 AM this morning.  I ran 2.5 miles at a 9:50 minute/mile pace and then ran the next 2.5 miles doing interval sprints.  This is the type of workout I used to do when preparing for Sea Gal auditions.  Needless to say, carrying an extra 25+lbs  does not make the workout any easier.  While I struggled to finish, I felt great when it was over.  Again, my music saved me today.  The songs that got me through the sprints were Pink - Raise Your Glass, Glee - Marry You, MJ and Akon - Hold My Hand, and the Biggest Loser theme song Proud by Richard Niles.  If these songs aren't on your workout playlist, you are missing out. 

After the gym and a shower, I met up with my adopted family (the Cahalans) to see HP7.  I don't want to give anything away for those who haven't seen the movie or read the book (all 9 of  you out there), but I will say that it was two and a half hours of adrenaline and emotion.  I was physically and emotionally exhausted by the end.

The rest of my day consisted of reading law review articles and writing a paper on the barriers women face in running for political office.  Exciting.  At least it stopped snowing... for now.  I hear we're supposed to get another 6-9 inches by the end of Tuesday.  Are we sure this is November?  Oh well, I hope you have a great start to your new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment