Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 33 - Stuck

The day started with watching my fellow Zags beat up on a team.  They were doing awesome, but the courtroom was even hotter today and I had sights to see.  That said, I'll walk you through my day as through the pictures I took.  It started with the recycling of my trial notes.  SO LONG & GOOD RIDDANCE!
I then went down to the Fisherman's Wharf area where I spent the greater portion of the day.  I walked for HOURS while my teammates biked the bridge (I am not so confident in my biking skills).  But, I saw lots of fun things.
Golden Gate Bridge
In-N-Out for lunch
I found Heaven (but was good and refrained from eating any chocolate)

I spotted Alcatraz
And a pack of Sea Lions
After having walked all day, we decided to walk to China Town for dinner.  Jason promised it would only be about 9 blocks away, so of course it was closer to 20 blocks on some of the steepest hills I've ever seen.  Dinner was fantastic and it was nice to celebrate our hard work all together.  After the ridiculous walk back, we got our luggage and piled into cabs heading for the airport.  We had trouble using the hotel internet to web-check our flight, but we figured that we had left early enough for it not to be an issue.  WRONG.  Three of the seven of us did not have confirmed seats on the plane.  I knew I wasn't going to be making the flight from the moment my boarding pass printed without a seat assignment, but of course I had to sit at the airport for 5 hours after that while everything got figured out for how I was going to eventually get home.

Jason and Cherlyn also stayed behind, so at least I was not alone.  That, and United gave me a decent travel voucher which will come in handy this Summer when we go to Maui.  I can feel my blood pressure start to rise just thinking about my frustration over the whole process, so I'll just leave you with a few more pictures.
Sad and waiting to learn how and when I would be getting home.

The hotel United put us up in for the night

Check out that TV!

So the room is nice, but I'd still rather be home in my own bed.  Oh well, hopefully tomorrow will go more smoothly. 



No comments:

Post a Comment