Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 22 - What self-esteem?

Yikes, today was more than slightly demoralizing. It started with Pilates (with weights!) and ended with business slacks shopping. Nothing does more for a girl's ego than having a fitness instructor look you in the eye when she explains the "easy modification" or having to pass the sizes that used to fit and go to the back of the sales rack. I understand the rationalization for putting the clothes in size order, but how many 2's, 4's and 6's does one need to sort through before finding their size? Perhaps Macy's is trying to give us bigger girls a little more exercise during our shopping experience. Thanks for helping a sister out!

By the time I got home, in felt the need to go back to the gym and put in an hour or two on the treadmill. BUT, this was the first night in a long time that I could crash on the couch. It may be a really ugly and uncomfortable flower covered couch, but I've missed it and it's missed me.

I've got a full day tomorrow and will only have time to work out in the morning. If I snooze, I lose! I'm going to try for 5 at 5. That is, 5 miles at 5 AM. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment