Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 46 - Snowmen

Today, I was duped.  I got up early to take Zumba from a new instructor, but she forget the iPod attachment she needed for her music.  Thankfully (or so I thought), another Zumba instructor was ready and willing to fill in with her own music.  I was on-board with the last minute switch until I realized that it was the AWFUL, couldn't find the beat if her life depended on it, spastic instructor from Day 31.  I gave her the benefit of the doubt for the first song, but by the end the second I was fuming with rage.  Not only did she flail about like a baby giraffe just learning to walk, but she insisted on making ridiculous bird call noises.  I couldn't handle it.  At the end of the second song, I pretended to take an urgent phone call and left.  I'm sure no one bought it, but it was my feeble attempt to be less rude.  Looking back, I should have done everyone a favor and told her to her face that I was leaving because she lacked the ability to move to the music in a cardio-DANCE class.  Perhaps then she would take a moment to reconsider her career path...  Probably not.

I wound up walking on the treadmill at an incline for about 25 minutes and then lifted weights.  Not my proudest day at the gym, but you have to draw the line somewhere.



Later in the day, I decided to get an additional workout outside.  We have at least 10 inches of snow and, until today, said snow had been going to waste.  Although I should have been studying, I decided to build the biggest snowman I could.  Previously, the only other snowman I've ever built maybe measured a foot tall.  This one was going to be at least 5 times that size.

Charlie decided to join in on the fun and we created a snow couple in our yard.  We did not have any carrots or coal, but we did have a bin of props (from our interactive dj business) and a can of black spray paint.  We were quite pleased with our snowpeople and rewarded ourselves with large mugs of hot chocolate and marshmallows.  I still detest winter, but at least I now have something funny to look at outside my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment