Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 4 - Success!


Although Grandpa had a few more zingers about my weight and what would be good for the “twins,” today was a good day.
I started out the morning with a fantastic run.  I had planned to do laps at the nearby high school track, but it was locked.  I considered climbing the fence, but then remembered I will eventually apply for the bar exam and don’t want to have to explain a trespassing charge.  So, I changed my route and decided to run out for 25 minutes and then turn around and come back. 
I wound up running around 5 miles and it felt great!  The sun was out, but it wasn’t too hot.  It was the perfect temperature to work up a good sweat while enjoying the changing colors of the leaves.  I hadn’t gone for many outdoor runs lately, but I was pleasantly surprised to see my snot-blowing technique had not waned.  My knees started to hurt and I began to feel a few blisters on the hill coming back home.  Otherwise, I would have enjoyed running a bit longer. 
I am always the most relaxed right after a good run.  Charlie, when he can’t take anymore of my nagging and pestering, will often ask if I would like to go for a run.  He’s a smart man.
Today’s post-run peace and relaxation didn’t last long.  When I got back, Grandpa informed me that he hoped I was having twin boys, because he was tired of “all these women bossing him around.”  Gotta love him!
In addition to running, I got a few hours of studying in, visited with my Grandma Wilson and got to enjoy a nice dinner with my Aunt, Uncle and Cousins.  All things considered, today was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment