Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 18 - Updated

A bit of sun found its way through a small slit in our curtains this morning.  I seized the opportunity to run outside and bounced out of bed, laced up my running shoes and hit the road.  Menacingly BLACK rain clouds threatened to move in and spoil my run, but they thankfully stayed at bay until I finished the full 5 miles.

I LOVE running outside.  It is so peaceful and always puts my mind at ease.  My jubilation was short lived today though.  I realized the opportunities for running outdoors this winter will be nearly non-existent if Spokane is going to get the winter weather everyone is predicting.  I'll be stuck on a treadmill pining for the days when I used to jog on the beach in shorts and a t-shirt in February.  Oh San Diego, how do I love thee?  Let me count the ways...

I had a 5+ hour trial team meeting and practice today.  There is absolutely nothing exciting to report on that front.  I hope that like the Tortoise from the Aesop fable The Tortoise and The Hare, our slow and steady pace will help us win the race (competition).

Seeing as Charlie and I are 25, in the prime of our life, and it was a Saturday night, I bet you can't guess where we were off to after my practice?  That's right!  Another high school dance!  I just can't get enough of those little teeny-boppers and their incessant pleas for "music that they can dance to."  Allow me to translate.  "Everyone else around me appears to be jumping up and down and having a great time, but this song is not working for me because I want to get my freak nasty on and I really need to do some bumping and grinding ASAP."  After we tore everything down and were loading the gear in the car, I gave Charlie my 2 weeks notice.  He'll be needing a new roadie, so feel free to submit your resume.

After the dance, Charlie and I rushed home to change into our Halloween costumes.  In honor of the blog efforts and one of our favorite TV shows, we went as contestants of the Biggest Loser.  One of Charlie's co-workers had a party, so we arrived fashionably late (after midnight) and stayed awhile (until 3:30).  The last time Charlie and I stayed out until 3 in the morning was...  Never. 

Everyone seemed to have put significantly more effort into their costumes than we did (ours cost a combined total of $12).  By far, my favorite costume of the night was a gentleman wearing a plastic cow's snout and a halo.  Oh yes, he was a Holy Cow.

I love my law school buddies, but it was SOOOO nice to talk to people outside of the insulated Law School bubble.  The people I met had interesting lives, stories, hobbies and jokes.  I think my law school friends and I used to have those things, but law school seems to have beaten them out of us.

I doubt you will read this Marissa, but on the off chance you do, thanks for an awesome night!

No comments:

Post a Comment