Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 17 - Rest?

Today was a rest day fitness wise, but it certainly was not a day of rest.  It started WAY too early with prepping and teaching my Street Law class at Rogers High School.  Then class, a bit of studying, resume review, and a few errands including a trip to the post office.

When I got home, Charlie and I carved our pumpkins.  His giant pumpkin carved fabulously.  Mine, not so much.  Although I was thrilled to have a "blue" pumpkin, it was pretty much just a giant brick.  There was a TON of flesh, very few guts and SUPER thick skin.  I broke a knife just trying to cut the top.  Needless to say, I wasn't going to be carving that bad boy.  Instead, I gave up and etched the word "Boo" on the side and called it a day.

Charlie had to work the camera tonight, so I went over and watched the 6 o'clock news in the studio before we headed downtown to catch a movie.  We saw Waiting for Superman.  My life will never be the same.  I've always had a passion for the education system and have devoted my legal studies to preparing for a career representing school districts, but now I feel a calling to take it a step further.  The education system in America is due for a major overhaul and I intend to play a part in promoting change.  Waiting for Superman is not a movie for everyone, but I hope you will at least Google it and get some general info about why it was created.

I am now getting off my soapbox and heading to bed.  I hope you have a fun and safe Halloween weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment