Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 13 - Taco Bell

For no particular reason, I have been in a bad mood from the moment I woke up.  Nothing terrible happened, no one hurt my feelings, and for the most part it was a fairly decent day. But for some reason, I was just not feeling it.

I had a long day at school (noon-7:30pm).  By the time I was in my car on the way home, I was so cranky that I decided tonight was going to be a Taco Bell night.  Taco Bell is my happy place.  When I was doing the whole "Gals" thing, I would starve myself for an entire day before we had to weigh in.  No water.  No food.  Nothing.  Plus, I would run during my lunch break and go tanning to sweat out any water weight.  Then after weighing in and a 3 to 4 hour practice, I would drive my famished self to the nearest Taco Bell and order one soft taco supreme and a cheesy fiesta potatoes.  Just typing those words makes me feel warm and happy inside.  Taco Bell was more than just a quick meal on the go.  It represented the end of hunger and the blissful feeling of being full.  I no longer starve myself in order to fit into a pair of hot shorts and go-go boots, but I still experience the same euphoria each time I bite into a delectable double decker supreme.

Emotional eater?  Maybe.  Don't judge, we all have our vices.


The T-bell satisfaction, sadly, didn't last.  30 minutes after I'd devoured my dinner, I was back to being a grouch.  I knew the answer wasn't another trip to the drive-thru.  I was going to have to go to the gym.  But, I really, Really, REALLY didn't want to.  I'd have to go outside where it was cold, and wet, and dark, and windy.  NO THANK YOU!  I knew eventually I would drag my sorry rear over to the gym, so I finally figured there was no point in delaying the inevitable.

After a long-ish run yesterday, I thought I would do my joints a favor and give the recumbent bike a spin.  In all honesty, I assumed the bike would be the easiest thing I could do for 45 minutes.  I was wrong.  By the end of my "burn calories" program, I thought my legs were going to fall off.  It wasn't the best cardio workout I've ever gotten, but it sure worked my lower body.

According to the digital display, I rode about 12 1/2 miles and burned around 525 calories.  I don't particularly trust either of these numbers, but they at least make me feel like I did something productive.  My mood hasn't improved and now my rear hurts.  Oh well, hopefully I'll wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment