Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 70 - Sweet

Change of plans. Instead of going to the Tri-cities today, I'm heading down there tomorrow. The last minute switch allowed me time today to do my holiday baking. On the menu were cream cheese spritz cookies, puppy chow (some call it muddy buddies) and cake balls in the shape of Rudolph.

I spent 90% of the day in the kitchen. Also, 90% of the goodies are safely packed away. The other 10%... yeah, we ate them.  I knew I was in trouble when my stomach started to ache from the sugar overload. I REALLY tried to control myself and not devour everything in sight. I ate less than I would have in Christmases past, but more than I should have in light of my goals.

After cleaning up the kitchen, it was already 9:45pm and I had yet to exercise. I went to the little gym at the apartment hoping to run, but two teenage boys were challenging each other to see who could run faster. I was about to tell them they were idiots and they were going to get hurt when the taller of the pair informed that "It was cool. They pretty much do this every night." I suppose fitness battles are better than some of the late night shenanigans these adolescent screwballs could engage in...

Still, I really wanted the gym to my self. I asked the boys if they'd mind if I watched tv. As a gift from god, 16 and Pregnant was on MTV. Apparently the thought of being a baby day was enough to make them run for the door. Peace out boys! I got really invested in the episode an wound up watching the whole thing while doing 30 min on the elliptical and another 30 on the bike.

Off to bed. Pilates (with weights) in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment