Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 68 - Sunday Funday!

Today was significantly more productive.  I finished several loads of laundry, did some shopping, finished getting everything on the Christmas list, wrapped the last few presents and went to yoga with the hubs.

During yoga, I experienced some pain in my lower back.  The class was going great until the last few minutes where we went into this pose where your supporting your weight on your shoulders and your legs are straight up in the air.  Then you slowly lower your legs down to the ground behind your head and then bend your knees so that your shins are on the floor.  Although I was able to get into the pose, I was not so lucky trying to get out.  I whispered to Charlie that I was stuck and then began to giggle out of discomfort.  As I tried to lower my legs back down, I felt something strain in my lower back and have been feeling a bit of pain since then.

We chatted with the yoga instructor after class and she again complemented Charlie on his efforts.   I think her positive reinforcement is going a long way in encouraging him to come back.  She then told me that she'd like to work on modifying a few poses since I am so flexible.  For example, she said she'd like for me to work towards pulling my head through my knees in forward fold.  Great.  That is the nice thing about yoga, though.  There is always room for everyone to progress.

After yoga, I went over to my friend's apartment to help her clean.  She is moving on back home on Tuesday and we had a wine/cleaning party.  She was one of my closest law school friends and I will miss her terribly, but I am happy for the exciting things happening in her life.  That said, cleaning blinds above your head with fatigued yoga arms is NOT easy.  At this point, I think the wine is doing the typing so I'm going to call it a night.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment