Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 202 - Title Change?

Perhaps a change in title is necessary.  This blog may be more appropriately titled as "1/2 Marathon, Mountain, Maui and MOVING." 

Thanks to some great advice from family and friends, I have decided to swallow my pride and do the half marathon in 26 days.  As many of you already know, we will also be moving at the beginning of August.  I've held off making it "blog official" until Charlie let his work know, which he has now done.  By taking a few summer courses, I will be able to graduate a semester early.  I also secured an externship in Seattle for the Fall with an amazing organization.  SO, the count down is on.  101 days left in Spokane!

Today was spent swimming and studying.  I wanted to give my joints a rest from yesterday's high impact long run, so I decided to swim for 40 min.  My legs felt pretty shot from the day before, so I relied more heavily on my upper body.  I got the best upper body workout I've had in a long time.  I should probably start swimming more often if I am going to have the toned arms and back to go with a bridesmaid dress I need to wear at the end of this summer...

Tomorrow I have to take my Community Property final.  This is just a 2 credit elective course, but somehow it is much harder and is requiring substantially more time than any of my other finals.  I will be lucky if I am able to cram half of the material I need to know into my brain.  That said, I better get back to it.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment