Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 149 - Waterlogged


At the bottom of the hill by the Fair
 It rained a little in Puyallup during my hike today.  And by a little, I mean that if you took all the water from every lake in all the land and made it pour down from the sky in bullet like fashion, that's how hard it was raining.  I may as well have jumped in the ocean and then set off for the hill.

What hill?  Puyallup's very own South Hill.  The route?  Meridian.  How many times?  Twice.  That's right.  I hiked from Pioneer Park to Target TWICE in this ridiculous weather for a total of 7.6 rain soaked miles.

I had planned to hike Mt. Si alone, but Moo talked me out of it.  She heard they were doing avalanche blasting on the pass and didn't want me to drive/hike all that way on my own.  I appreciate her concern, but I think that hike would have been more scenic, dry and gas emission free.  Oh well.  I put in the hard work and got it done.  Only 117 days until I will be standing at the top of a mountain!!! 


At the top of the Hill by Target

After the hike, I met up with Hooligan in South Center to see The King's Speech.  Collin Firth was unbelievably good and the movie it self was great.  It wasn't as exciting/edgy as Black Swan, smart as The Social Network, or as sexy as the Fighter (oh Marky Mark, I love you and your abs).  BUT, all around it was a good movie and I can understand why it won the Oscar for best picture.  You really care about the characters and want so badly for them to succeed. 

I watched a little tv with Moo and called it a night.  I didn't get much school work done, but it was otherwise a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment