Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 143 - Decisions!

In this market, I have absolutely no right to complain and am running the risk of sounding like a total jerk, but I nearly lost it when I received a second job offer today.  Charlie and I were so excited and prepared to accept the first offer.  Then came an email from the other organization I interviewed with last week.  Although it would look nice on my resume, I REALLY do not like the idea of having to work there for 8 months.  I am completely torn.

Since Charlie doesn't get home until late on Thursdays, I was sitting on this information alone for several hours before I could talk it through with him.  I had a glass of wine to settle myself down.  Then I had a second glass, because the first just tasted SOOOO good.  I didn't make it to the gym, but I think I burned several calories by sitting with my butt cheeks clenched and my fists balled while tapping my foot in nervous anticipation for several hours.  My gut is telling me to go with the first offer, but I don't want to make a decision that could change the course of my career without giving it full consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment