Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 146 - Hills

I FINALLY got a solid long run in and it was a doozy!  The terrain at the beach is a bit on the hilly side. There is not a flat stretch of land in sight.  In other words, my 7 mile run was simply a delight.  I apparently have not done enough training on hills (go figure since all of them in Spokane are covered in ice), because I REALLY had to dig deep to finish the run.  There were several times when I wanted to stop and turn back or call Charlie to pick me up.  But, I pushed through and finished.  I am certain it will hurt to stand up tomorrow, but at least I can say I did it!  Now I won't feel nearly as guilty about the ridiculous quantity of food I consumed this weekend and intend to consume tomorrow (that's what birthdays are for, right?!).

The rest of the day was spent enjoying cable at the beach cabin while Charlie studied.  I watched some Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, a little Cake Boss, the Amazing Race and Holly's World (which I didn't even know existed until today, but was probably smarter then than I am now...).  Oh cable, I miss thee so.  Some day we shall be reunited!

No comments:

Post a Comment