Monday, July 11, 2011

Days 270-277 - Week of Rest

Best. Week. Ever.

After sleeping in on Tuesday, I met Charlie at the beach cabin for a few days of relaxation.  The sun was out, the tv had cable and there were Mike's Hard Lemonade in the fridge.  HEAVEN.  I spent hours on my back side basking in the glory of the great ball of fire in the sky and then killing my brain cells watching hour after hour of Bravo and TLC classics like the Real Housewives of New Jersey and Toddlers and Tiaras.

I got to watch even more Toddlers and Tiaras with my little sis on Friday.  We had a pretty fun sister date that consisted primarily of laziness.  When my dad got home from work, we had a few good laughs about our climbing experiences and empathized with one another about which parts of our body were still aching.  For dad, it was his heal that is a total blister, for me its my left knee (the one that hit the ice wall of the crevasse, coincidence? I think not).

Saturday, Charlie and I met up with some of our favorite friends at the Saturday Market.  On the drive there, we had to laugh at ourselves and wondered when exactly we stopped meeting our friends at bars in favor of the Saturday Market.  Gotta love getting old!

Shannon, John and baby Sarah (my ticket to the Toddlers and Tiaras stage)

Brett and Julie

Charlie finally got to meet Sarah
Later that day I joined the Hilen men on the golf course.  I STINK at golf, but had some fun walking the course and hit a few decent balls (by few I mean 2, the rest were WAY off).
The Handsome Hilen Men

Me golfing in front of the mountain I climbed


Sunday, Charlie and I drove down to Cispus (the camp where we met) to Dj a dance.  Everyone was so excited that Charlie was there and wanted to talk to him the entire time, so somehow I wound up Djing most of the dance.  Good thing I brought my A-game!

I had to drive back to Spokanistan Monday : (  Sad times.  Charlie and I went to on a Denny's date before I hit the road.  The rest of the day was spent behind the wheel and unpacking.  All in all, it was a great week at home.  I had plenty of time to relax and come back ready to hit the ground running.  1 more class!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment