Sunday, July 17, 2011

Days 280 & 281 - End of an Era

I wish I had more to report for the last two days.  My new Thursday schedule has me working from 9-5.  It's nice to be able to put in a full day at the office (up until now I had been putting in 4-5 hours at a time).  I had a great call with a client whose hearing is next Tuesday.  I try to not get too emotionally attached to my clients, but I can't help it sometimes.  This is a great guy who truly got screwed and deserves to win.  The only other highlight of my day was watching the So You Think You Can Dance.  I did very little hoping that I could quickly unwind and get to bed early.  Why?  I had big plans for that night/the next morning.  Confession:

I, Katie Hilen, love Harry Potter and got up to go to the 3AM Imax 3-D showing of the final movie.  I can't believe that the series is over!  I started reading the books 13 years ago (when I was 13) and have been re-reading them for the last decade.  I don't have a wand or cape, but I would consider myself a HP fan.

The movie was fantastic, but looking back I think I probably could have waited on gotten a full night's sleep.  The next day was ROUGH.  The movie got out around 5:30AM, so I went to Starbucks to study for class instead of driving all the way home.  I found myself nodding off and thought that was pretty embarrassing, so I went and slept for 30 min in the law school parking lot.

Fortunately, class discussion was fairly lively, so I didn't struggle too badly to stay awake.  I did, however, cause a major disruption when I realized that the first summer session grades had been posted.  I was so pleased with my grade in secured transactions, that I nudged my neighbor.  I must have been less then subtle about it, because my professor stopped the class... Whoops!  Sorry BroHo!  I did even better in Criminal Procedure, but I was more proud of Secured Transactions.  I had to work REALLY damn hard to learn the material.  I have an aversion to all things contract related after my run in with Rusch 1L year, so it is a miracle I was able to overcome!

My time at the office was spent preparing for Tuesday's hearing by running through the questions I had prepared with my client and drafting a closing argument.  After that, I was done.  I knew I wasn't going to have enough energy to cook, so I didn't even bother trying.  I stopped at Papa Murphy's on the way home and enjoyed some pepperoni and an early bed time.  For those keeping track, yes that was three days in a row now without exercise...  I'm thinking of hanging bikini's around the house to remind myself just how close I am to the sandy shores of Maui.

No comments:

Post a Comment