Thursday, June 16, 2011

Days 231 - 249 - Close to Giving Up

Yeah, I am getting pretty close to giving up on the blog.   I think about it all the time.  Unfortunately, it's always while I'm in class or at work.  This is probably because I am ALWAYS at work or in class.  Seriously.  Most days I get up by 4AM (at the latest) to study, have to be at work at 7:30AM and then have class until 8:30 PM.

This. Schedule. SUCKS.

Fortunately, I only have to live this way for 2 more weeks.  Unfortunately, the damage has already been done.  My weight has been slowly creeping back up and I certainly am not getting enough exercise or sleep.  Every day I promise myself that I'll find a way to squeeze in a run.  And everyday I go to bed disappointed.  This daily disappoint (in conjunction with my general state of law school induced depression) has left me a charmingly bitter and grouchy individual.  I'm doing the best I can to "fake it till I make it," but really the only thing getting me through is the knowledge that "this too shall pass."

Because my week days suck so thoroughly, I've been working hard to make the most of my weekends.  I've gone on a few great runs (so good for reducing stress!), hit up the driving range with the hubs, taken the Tucker dog for some walks in the sun (Spokanistan has 4 seasons... Ha!) and continued training for the big mountain climb.

On a sunny Sunday, I drove down to the Spokane Falls to climb up and down the stairs for 2 hours.  I felt great during the climb.  I broke a decent sweat, but wasn't out of breath or struggling to make it.  For the next 3 days, however, I almost fell down every flight of stairs a came across.  I've done a great job training my "climbing up" muscles on the stairmaster for the last few months.  Clearly, my "climbing down" muscles need some work.  My poor legs were as wobbly as a newborn giraffe.  Here are a few pics of the stairs...




                                           

Yeah, that was a LOT of stairs.

So, life hasn't been ALL doom and gloom lately.  Here is a brief list of things that have brought me joy:

-Charlie got an awesome job in Seattle
-My advanced tap class is KILLING their routine and will probably steal the show at the recital next week
-My Spring Semester report card included 3 A's
-I am now in the top 16% of my law school class (which hopefully means I have a chance of finding a job)
-SYTYCD started up again and one of my former dance classmates made it to Vegas (Way to go Rian!)
-Maggie and Brian are going to have a BOY (I totally guessed it right)
-The Tony awards featured a song from the new musical The Book of Mormon
-The next day, Amazon sold The Book of Mormon soundtrack for $2.00!  And it is awesome.

I've got big plans to get in some awesome runs and a LONG hike this weekend.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE weather gods, be good to me and my waistline and give me some sun!!!

Only 15 more days until I start climbing the mountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment